Since the upgrade on bko, the bug charts were a bit broken. Thanks to our awesome sysadmins, this is fixed now: Example for Kate. In case you notice any wrong behavior, please let the sysadmins know immediately! Thanks 🙂
Currently, we use our own passive notification bar to show a recovery bar when a swap file was found:
Imo, the new one looks nicer, as it much better distinguishes the notification popup from the rest of the ui. However, it several drawbacks:
- the minimum width is now 800 pixel due to the label (too large, might break layout in apps)
- the title “Data Recovery” was omitted
- the “Help” link, showing a tool tip with further information, can not be added anymore (the api does not allow it)
- put the buttons under the label, as it was in the old version (currently, the api does not allow it, so we’d need something like setButtonsUnderText(bool))
- wrap the text in the label (looks aweful, since the buttons appear then between two lines of text)
- to get the “Help” label back, the api would need to forward the QLabel’s signal linkActivated(const QString&)
I’m not sure whether the API can be extended in the 4.x line, though…
just yesterday I got asked by one long time contributor, if he can at all join the KDE e.V. or if he needs to do something special for that. He thought it would be more an invitation only club.
It’s not 😉 Anybody who does contribute to KDE can join us.
KDE e.V. definition from its homepage:
“KDE e.V. is a registered non-profit organization that represents the KDE Community in legal and financial matters.”
If you want to have a vote on such stuff and are ok with the rules and goals of the e.V. like you can read on the e.V. homepage, please join.
You just need to fill out the questionaire on the e.V. page and send it to some e.V. member you know and that will support your application.
Even if you are no contributor, but want to support us with money to make our conferences & sprints possible (and our infrastructure), please take a look at our “Join The Game” campaign.