It is easy and fun, please help to fix the remaining small things in the cleanups section of the frameworks branch.
And use the nice and complete build howto here:
And yeah, I have already stolen some really easy tasks 🙂
Don’t allow David to have all the fun.
Since the upgrade on bko, the bug charts were a bit broken. Thanks to our awesome sysadmins, this is fixed now: Example for Kate. In case you notice any wrong behavior, please let the sysadmins know immediately! Thanks 🙂
Currently, we use our own passive notification bar to show a recovery bar when a swap file was found:
Since version 4.7 we have a class called KMessageWidget (api documentation). Using KMessageWidget, the notification could also look like this:
Imo, the new one looks nicer, as it much better distinguishes the notification popup from the rest of the ui. However, it several drawbacks:
- the minimum width is now 800 pixel due to the label (too large, might break layout in apps)
- the title “Data Recovery” was omitted
- the “Help” link, showing a tool tip with further information, can not be added anymore (the api does not allow it)
- put the buttons under the label, as it was in the old version (currently, the api does not allow it, so we’d need something like setButtonsUnderText(bool))
- wrap the text in the label (looks aweful, since the buttons appear then between two lines of text)
- to get the “Help” label back, the api would need to forward the QLabel’s signal linkActivated(const QString&)
I’m not sure whether the API can be extended in the 4.x line, though…
Let’s see what comes out of it and let’s hope for the best (link on heise) 🙂