How to help with Kate development
How to Build Kate
Areas of work
The main work area is the programming, but if you are not a programmer you can help in many other areas:
- Write and maintain documentation.
- Write and maintain syntax highlight files.
- Write and maintain scripts.
- Maintain bug reports.
- Provide us with useful feedback.
- Help us by helping KDE. As a part of KDE, Kate benefits from the KDE as a whole, apart from the excellent integration provided by KDE the help from the KDE translation team is invaluable.
C/C++ Coding Standards
The code in ktexteditor.git and kate.git shall follow the style described for KDELIBS.
Documenting your code
We use Doxygen syntax to document code, and it’s nice to document everything, even private code, since other people than you might get to work on it or just try to understand it.
For comments inside of functions, C++ single-line comments are preferred over multi-line C comments.
Good starting points
Good ideas what to look at first are: