just yesterday I got asked by one long time contributor, if he can at all join the KDE e.V. or if he needs to do something special for that. He thought it would be more an invitation only club.
It’s not 😉 Anybody who does contribute to KDE can join us.
KDE e.V. definition from its homepage:
“KDE e.V. is a registered non-profit organization that represents the KDE Community in legal and financial matters.”
If you want to have a vote on such stuff and are ok with the rules and goals of the e.V. like you can read on the e.V. homepage, please join.
You just need to fill out the questionaire on the e.V. page and send it to some e.V. member you know and that will support your application.
Even if you are no contributor, but want to support us with money to make our conferences & sprints possible (and our infrastructure), please take a look at our “Join The Game” campaign.
With KDE SC 4.9 around the corner and according to tradition, it’s time to have a look at what’s new in Kate.
Improved Support for Custom Color Schemas
- improved “Colors” tab in the “Fonts & Colors” config page
- configurable colors: search & replace, code folding, indentation line,
- schema export and import honor background colors (bug #291868) and font
- “highlight selection” plugin and “search and replace” plugin now use search & replace colors from Kate’s color schema
Line Modification System
- new option to disable in the editor settings: Appearance > Borders > [ ] Show line modification markers
- colors of the line modification system are configurable
- reworked config page (including advanced settings for remote debugging)
- support for remote debugging
- new option in Open/Save config page: [ ] Add newline at end of file on save
- all fixes in the bug tracker
One year more passed and the next Akademy will soon open its doors.
Was never before in Tallinn or Estonia, will be an interesting visit.
Hope to meet again a lot of old and new KDE people.
Didn’t code a lot at all since last years meeting, too busy to finalize my phd thesis.
Hope to get more time for Kate in the next months again 😉 And at the meeting.
In KDE SC 4.9, Kate Part will have an option in the Open/Save config tab called
[ ] Append newline at end of file on save
By default (and Kate tradition), this option is off. You can also use the document variable (modeline) newline-at-eof [bool], either in the file itself, in a .kateconfig file, or in the “Modes & Filetypes” config page. If a newline was added, it is visible only after reloading the document. This finally fixes wish #256134.