Just a quick update on the frameworks 5 port: KTextEditor, Kate Part and KWrite build and run. Kate is not yet ported and does not compile. These changes were already committed:
- made KTE::Cursor and KTE::Range non-virtual for maximum speed
- removed KTE::EditorChooser, since Kate Part is the only implementation since over 10 years. Just use KTE::Editor* editor = KTE::editor(); to get KatePart.
- new signal KTE::Document::readWriteChanged()
- removed KTE::LoadSaveFilterCheckPlugin, was unused since years
- removed all KTE::Smart* classes in favor of KTE::Moving* classes
- merged KTE::CoordinatesToCursorInterface into KTE::View
- new: KTE::Range KTE::Document::wordRangeAt(KTE::Cursor)
- new: QString KTE::Document::wordAt(KTE::Cursor)
- new: KTE::DocumentCursor
- ported lots of KSharedPtr to QSharedData
- updated Mainpage.dox to reflect porting notes
- some small interface cleanups and additions
Please feel free to join the porting fun. Just follow the Frameworks compile guide and checkout the git branch “frameworks” in the Kate git module.