Since the upgrade on bko, the bug charts were a bit broken. Thanks to our awesome sysadmins, this is fixed now: Example for Kate. In case you notice any wrong behavior, please let the sysadmins know immediately! Thanks :)
The Kate homepage will move to a new faster server.
There will be some downtime in the next days, as DNS update will take some time and stuff needs to be setup on the new machine.
Hope we are back with an even faster homepage afterwards ;)
Currently, we use our own passive notification bar to show a recovery bar when a swap file was found:
Imo, the new one looks nicer, as it much better distinguishes the notification popup from the rest of the ui. However, it several drawbacks:
- the minimum width is now 800 pixel due to the label (too large, might break layout in apps)
- the title “Data Recovery” was omitted
- the “Help” link, showing a tool tip with further information, can not be added anymore (the api does not allow it)
- put the buttons under the label, as it was in the old version (currently, the api does not allow it, so we’d need something like setButtonsUnderText(bool))
- wrap the text in the label (looks aweful, since the buttons appear then between two lines of text)
- to get the “Help” label back, the api would need to forward the QLabel’s signal linkActivated(const QString&)
I’m not sure whether the API can be extended in the 4.x line, though…